- #: 234138
- Price: $0.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 2008-11-25
- Current Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.40 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: János Veres
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 2.1 or later
- © Bryton Media Group
Add to Favorite apps
Ever wanted a simple and well designed shopping list application for your iPhone?SmartShop is an easy to use program to keep track of your money and plan your shopping.Why use the old paper style shopping list if you have your iPhone in your pocket…..
Rated 5/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Would highly recommend!
meets all my needs
I haven't tried a lot of grocery apps, but I was looking for some specific things:
1) the ability to tap one button and immediately start typing the next item, just like hitting Return in Notes (I checked several list apps and this one was really hard to find, I had to keep hitting Save, and then Plus to add a new list item in many other apps)
2) the ability to keep items on the list so that I could, for instance, keep all the ingredients for the common dishes I cook listed and just reactivate the items when necessary.
3) the ability to track prices so that I would know what I usually paid for something and be able to recognize good sales, since I shop at several different grocery stores. I'm not concerned about pre-calculating the register total.
Smart Shop does all of these, so I think I've found my grocery app. Checked off items are automatically moved to the bottom of the list, a nice touch that keeps the items you still need to get at the top. The list can be re-ordered to organize by aisle. The visual options are nice (those cheesy people aren't there, of course), and the UI is smooth. The settings are a bit hidden (hit SmartShop at top center). Email export works fine.
I'd like to be able to edit an item rather than delete and re-enter it---but, if you delete and re-enter, it remembers what you typed, so can speed up the re-entry process. I guess it would be nicer if the Add button were not at the top of the screen away from the keyboard.
I bought this on the .99 sale but if I continue to use it, and first impressions are that I will keep using it, it would certainly be worth more.
[This review applies to the 1.0 version]
Excellent, Can't recommend highly enough!!!
Esteban Valle write:
The perfect, easy to set up app. After entering an item it stays on the add screen so you can keep typing break free!
I recently spoke with the developer, and they agreed to many nice improvements that would make the UI much easier, including a Phone Pad for price input.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes
Related to «SmartShop» applications
News: The newest update has just been released! This update supports more UPC codes (the largest problem you will note from negative reviews), and returns more reviews than ever before! We are… [more..]
Price: $4.99 |
Looking for product information in an Edgars Store has never been easier. Simply type in the barcode or use our built in scanning system which leverages your camera to automatically scan and decipher… [more..]
Price: free |